Odin is a tool designed specifically for Samsung devices. With Odin, you can Root your Samsung Smartphone or tablet, Custom Flash ROMs, Install File Firmware and Custom Recoveries on your Samsung smartphones and tablets.
Odins is now also available for download for MAC OS X. Those who own MAC can now download jodin3 to flash their Samsung devices. Thanks to a developer recognized by XDA AdamOutler who made Odin’s based windows available for Mac OS X. Here in this article, you can learn how to download Odin for MAC OSX and how to use Odin in MAC OSX. You just have to follow our guide step by step and within a short time, you will be able to use Odin on MAC.
JOdin3 for MAC OS X works exactly like Odin3-based windows. This version of MAC is equipped with all the features and functionalities available in Windows based on Odin3. JOdin3 supports extensions .tar or .tar.md5. Therefore, if you have already used the Odin3, then it will not be a problem. With JOdin3 you can Flash Stock Firmware, Flash Custom Recovery, Custom Flash Kernel and Flash Root Package on any of your Samsung devices.
- Install the latest version of Java on your MacBook. [important]
- Download & install the latest version of Heimdall on your MacBook. [important]
- Make sure that you do not have Samsung Kies installed on your MacBook.
- Disconnect all unnecessary USB devices.
- Use original data cable to establish a connection between your device and MacBook.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy device.
- Download the correct recovery, root or your desired file.
How to use Odin in MAC OSX:
1. Download JOdin3 on your MacBook.
2. Now open JOdin3 and click on PDA.
3. Select the file you want to flash on your Samsung device.
4. Now start your Samsung device in download mode. To do this, press and hold the power button + volume down + start.
5. Make sure all other options are unchecked except Auto-Reboot.
6. Now click on the Start button.
7. Now, JOdin3 will ask for the PIT file of your Samsung device.
8. Once the installation has started, follow the instructions on the screen.
That’s! This is how you can use Odin in MAC OS X. If you are aware of other procedures, let us know in the comments section. Well, friends, this has been all on my part I hope it has been very helpful, and if so I invite you to share this information in different social networks.